The WAAW Foundation offers scholarships to African women in STEM-related fields
The WAAW Foundation (Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women) is offering scholarships to women of African descent for the 2024/2025 academic year. The fields funded are science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM): environmental sciences, agriculture, statistics, industrial chemistry.
Those eligible for the programme must :
- be resident in Africa,
- be under 32 years of age
- be enrolled in a degree programme
- be following STEM-related courses at a university or higher education institution in Africa,
- be enrolled at a university in the first, second or third year of a 5-year course,
- be able to demonstrate financial need,
- have a good academic record
- have a sense of volunteerism.
The deadline for applications is 17 November 2023. Graduate students (masters, master's or doctorate) are not eligible.
Through this programme, the Foundation aims to boost the involvement of women in technological and scientific fields.
Source : Agence Ecofin